Saturday 21 July 2012

Olympics 2012: London calling for Mary Kom's mom too

For M C Mary Kom, London Olympics is a delusion realized two times over as the five-time world champion is not immediately excited about the only Indian woman boxer at the big occasion except is also overjoyed about having her mother in the stands to watch her live for the first time.

Women's boxing will formulate its Olympic entrance in London and fittingly, it is the 29-year-old Mary Kom (51kg) who would be shouldering the Indian hopes for a medal. The miniature Manipuri, who herself has two kids, said having her own mother, Mangte Akham Kom, in London is nothing short of a dream coming true.

"Olympics would be the biggest event of my career and I am so excited that my mom would see me live in action for the first time at such a big stage. I can't tell how happy I am right now," Mary Kom, who will leave for London on Friday told media from Pune where she is currently training. She added "To have her in the stands some day was one of my ambitions and this dream would be real soon."

"As any other mother, she was worried about my well-being, she didn't want me to get hurt. So, she didn't like it when I first started boxing. "But she never stopped me because of her concerns. She supported my decision even though she did not agree with it," recalled Mary Kom.

Keywords: Mary Kom, Mary Kom mom, London Olympics, current Olympic events, Olympic news, Olympic 2012, current sports news, today sports event

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget