Friday 6 July 2012

Serena to face Radwanska in Wimbledon final


"She's been consistent this year, more consistent than I have," Williams said of Radwanska. "That already tells me from the beginning I really need to go out there and be ready to hit a lot of shots and be ready to play hard."

Radwanska can take over the No. 1 ranking if she beats Williams on Saturday. If not, Azarenka, who won the Australian Open, will take over the top spot from Maria Sharapova.

But just reaching a major final, the first of her career, is an achievement for both Radwanska and Poland.

The last Polish player to reach a major final was Jadwiga Jedrzejowska. But she lost in the final of the 1939 French Championships, two years after runner-up finishes at Wimbledon and the U.S. Championships.

"I'm just very happy that I can be the second one here in Wimbledon, being in the final. She lost in three sets that year," said Radwanska. "But I will try now and we will see."

Keywords - Serena to face Radwanska, French Championships, U.S. Championships.




Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget